Skrill is an e-wallet that has been available to UK customers since 2001. This London based company with offices in the United States and throughout Europe provides a convenient, simple, secure payment platform for online gamblers and is recognised as a leader in the global payment solutions industry.
Skrill can be used to deposit funds at online gambling sites, shopping online or sending money around the world.
Having been in businesses for almost two decades and with more than 36 million customers, Skrill is a favourite with online gamblers in the UK and is offered as a payment method by the majority of online casinos.
Like many e-wallets, Skrill has a debit card option. You can use this Prepaid MasterCard to withdraw funds as cash or to make purchases.
The fees on this card are minimal and if you are part of the VIP programme there are none. The transactions you make with your Skrill Prepaid MasterCard will not show up on your bank statement, but you can keep track of your spending by checking your Skrill account.
Advantages of using Skrill
- It has excellent security features and it is a safe way to transfer money to your online gambling account.
- It uses Google Authenticator to help protect your funds. The Two Factor Authentication requires you to enter an OTP (one-time pin) as well as your email and password.
- Opening an account is free and you can send and receive funds immediately
- Skrill has a VIP programme, with a personal account manager, for customers who transfer over a certain amount of funds every month. As part of the VIP programme, customers receive points every time they make a transaction, these points, in turn, give customers access to exclusive promotions and cash rewards.
- It has its own mobile app
Disadvantages of a Skrill account
- There is a nominal monthly fee if your account is inactive for a year
Skrill Customer Support
There are various ways to make contact with the customer service. You can use email to contact the customer support to report any problems or issues that you may have.
Skrill offers multi-language email support which is quick and convenient, and you should receive an answer within 24 hours. Skrill does not offer a live chat function but you can make contact through social media (only available in English).
The customer support team can be contacted from Monday to Friday from 9 am to 6 pm (GMT) via phone. When you make a call to Skrill you need to give them your customer ID.
Making Deposits with Skrill
Skrill is a convenient option for online gamblers because typically making deposits to your online casino account is free and immediate.
While there are no deposit fees, there may, however, be a monthly administration fee of around £2.50 on your account if you don’t use it to make transactions for a year or you don’t log on during that time. Depending on where you live, you may be charged conversion fees when you transfer funds from one currency to another.
There can also be transaction charges when you transfer funds internally between Skrill accounts.
Making Withdrawals with Skrill
It is easy and convenient to receive funds in your Skrill account and withdraw funds to your registered bank account.
As with any e-wallet, making withdrawals from your online casino account with this service takes longer than depositing funds.
It can take a number of working days for your withdrawal to be processed but the good news is that withdrawals are generally free of charge. Because of the advanced security and the Two Factor Authentication, the withdrawal of funds is safe, and it is difficult for hackers to access your funds.