Trustly, a Swedish payment initiation service, was founded in 2008. Since then, it has gone from strength to strength to become one of the preferred payment methods for consumers and online gamblers in 29 European countries.
Today they handle payments from over 190 banks. As a payment initiation service, Their software facilitates direct payments from your bank account without the need for a credit card or third-party platform and makes it easy and convenient to deposit funds into your online gambling account.
By using Trustly you benefit from the security and convenience of an e-wallet without the transaction fees, waiting times and verification periods.
You simply initiate and confirm your transaction requirements and they are carried out in accordance with your instructions and in compliance with the law.
Because Trustly is a payment initiation service you do not have to register to use the service and they do not store any of your personal or financial information that can be used to access or hack your bank accounts.
Advantages of using Trustly
- Trustworthy – Trustly is a licenced payment institution. It is authorised and supervised by the Swedish Financial Supervisory Authority and is bounded by their strict government regulations. It is also a licenced European Payment Services Provider (PSP).
- Safe and Secure – The company is using the latest encryption software to facilitate transactions between your bank and online casinos. None of your confidential information is stored on Trustly. The service complies with the same security standards, data handling processes and encryption, as any financial institution or bank.
- Funds are transferred instantly – money is immediately available in your online gambling account.
Disadvantages of using Trustly
- Trustly doesn’t currently have a mobile app but their services can be accessed via your tablet or smartphone.
- The withdrawal option is not available at all online casinos.
Trustly offers reliable customer support and you can use the contact form on the website to ask for help, voice a complaint or give feedback. Email support is the best way to communicate with the company and you will typically get an answer within 24-hours, but email support is only available in English.
You can also contact Trustly via social media or you can call them on weekdays between 09:00 to 17:00 CET, but they don’t answer any questions regarding transactions over the phone. If you wish to query a transaction that you made via Trustly, you need to directly contact the customer support of the company you were doing business with.
With Trustly, you don’t need to register for an account, and it is easy to deposit funds into an online casino account. Simply select your country from the drop-down menu on the Trustly website.
A list of banks based in your country that offers instant bank transfers will appear on the screen. Select your bank, log in using your normal online banking credentials and confirm the payment. Trustly does not charge you for making deposits into your online gambling account and the funds are transferred instantly. Trustly provides a channel for depositing funds but does not play an active part in the transaction.
The withdrawal of funds from your online casino player account can easily and conveniently be carried out with Trustly at most online casinos.
There are, however, still a few online casinos that do not allow you to withdraw funds via Trustly. To withdraw funds from your online casino account simply choose Trustly from the check-out menu and enter your banking details and follow the verification process. While deposits are instant, withdrawals can take between one and four working days to be processed and, depending on the online casino, there could be transaction fees.
However, in some countries, withdrawals are processed in within 5 minutes with this payment method.
This will be possible in more countries later on, when better identification systems online are in place.